Monday, May 5, 2014

(Excerpt) Proxy by Alex London

Looking for a new book? Check out "Proxy" by Alex London!
Here is my review.



My favorite quotes:
„Syd pressed the base of his hands into his eyes. Another mark on his body. The birthmark, the scars from fights and cheap vaccines, now this, another reminder he had as much control of his skin as he did over the weather. None. Rage boiled inside him, pushing the pain in his body down. Sixteen more years, added just like that, and in Sterling Work Colony. It wasn’t right. It wasn’t fair.“
&
"The horse sped under Syd and he felt a tingle up his spine, a thrill. He’d never sat on anything alive before, never felt this much power beneath him, knowing the animal was only just barely under his command. He squeezed his heels into its sides and found he could steer the horse that way, or at least make suggestions to it. As long as his suggestions were respectful, the horse obeyed with tremendous force. All this death, he thought, and I’m just starting to feel alive."
&
"I believe you, Knox...And I don't care...Got it? I believe you're sorry. I. Don't. Care. I don't want your sorry. Live with your guilt. It's the one debt you owe me and I don't ever, ever want it repaid.”

No comments :

Post a Comment